We did the Scottsdale auction tour yesterday:
- Russo and Steele for a press breakfast and a walkthrough.
- Barrett-Jackson for
lunchbreakfast leftovers and some auction action.
- Gooding, for OMG GRAIL CARZZZ part 1.
- RM on a lark. Credential sign up on site and OMG GRAIL CARZZZ part 2.
- Bonhams, because it was on the way back to B-J.
- Barrett-Jackson for lunch and some more auction action.
- RM - F40/F50
- Gooding - 288GTO, BMW M1, Aston Martin V8s, 512BB (but Windgate broke that cherry 2 years ago)
- Barrett - modded F40(would be higher exc. RM)
- R&S - lots of survivors, nothing stansds out.
- Bonhams - a Maserati Bora was as close as it came
- Gooding-(3 barn finds)
- RM - Aston DBs, Porsche 906, 959, Rols, Bugatti
- R&S - crazy mopars, Mark V, Opel GT, Lincoln Premiere
- B-J - Chrysler 300, Fury wagon, Toronados (gen 2 (didn't see) and 3). But just too frigging big. How many Orange Boss 302s are there?
- Bonhams - Maserati Bora and a Ferrari 599XX
- B-J - private room in a horse barn. Always food. Coldly efficient process. Facetime possible. Silly rules about photos. Media are cattle like everyone else at the gates.
- R/S - press breakfast with owner face time. No hassles.
- RM - Meghan was a joy to work with. No hassles.
- Bonhams - just sign in and do whatever - we don't care. No hassles.
- Gooding - Janelle was superhelpful, but too many rules about photo taking. Not these types of pics without permission/get out of the way of the moneyed/no on the record contact without prior clearance.