I was duped

Many moons ago, I tawt I taw a puddy tat thought I saw a Ferrari 512 BB - my wettest of wet dream Ferraris.  I would sell rent my kids for menial labor in exchange for a few minutes behind the wheel and on the hood (with a girl - not like this)

Today, I saw it again...

[caption id="attachment_6871" align="alignnone" width="480"]Ferrari 512BB replica What's the matter here?[/caption]

Something seemed just not quite right.  The rear overhang is stubby, yet the fron seems ginourmous.

[caption id="attachment_6872" align="alignnone" width="480"]Ferrari 512BB replica Curiouser and curiouser[/caption]

Not to mention unframed windows and awkward double wipers.

When I spotted it acrss the parking lot, I even thought Pantera?  Something about the rear passenger window...

I looked on the internet for pictures of a real 512. (Mine didn't really help.) This looks different.  So does this.

These shots really nailed it for me:

[caption id="attachment_3583" align="alignnone" width="480"]Ferrari 512BB replica the more common view of these things[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_6873" align="alignnone" width="480"]Ferrari 512BB replica I just barfed in my mouth a little[/caption]
Sulu:  My... God!

It's this:

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="250"]fake Ferrari Fakey McFakerson[/caption]

Joe's Pocket Rocket!: Ferrari 512 BB replica/kit car of a 1980 model year. 1984 Ferrari 512TR - St. Jean, QC.

I don't know what the donor car is, Fiero, MR2, VW, but it's a goddam fake.  I am so sad.  My trophy of trophies is no more real than a goddam Bricklin.  (Or a Kelmark.)

Comments

  1. Took you long enough to figure it out, Einstein.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment